9/03/2009

Funk Bot

I made tons of loops and short "songs" like this one around 1999-2002.  All the voices (but the laughter and "yeah," which I stole from the web) are synthetic, driven from a program I wrote.  The music comes from a few sources, and most everything has been massaged; e.g., the "clucking" comes from the laughter.  Lyrics start below the player.

Get up off of that thing
dance and you'll feel better
Break it up, break it up
break it down, break it down
Just let your self go
and let the spirit flow
[...laughter...]
[...laughter...]
Show respect
and clear the deck
Then you can hear
my smooth talking
That gets
your body rocking
Till the ground starts shaking
and there is no faking
The fact that
you've got the feeling
You've got the feeling, baby

As you can see, I nearly broke my brain coming up with original lyrics.  And while it's not Sinatra, Dylan or Snoop Dogg, for software robots reading from a script, I think the voices' phrasing is pretty tight.